Tuesday, July 22, 2014

DIY Fringe Crop Top (From Dress to Crop Top)

Unfortunately, I did not take a picture of the original dress. This red lace crop top was a mid-knee dress (American Rag). I had found the dress at the thrift store for $4 and knew I just had to do something with it. I cut the dress to about three inches above my belly button and sewed a fringe around it with a simple stitch! There was a red fabric underneath the lace (so it wasn't originally see-through, which I cut out!) It worked out so well that I cut an old (partially ripping) lace peplum top I had and added beads to the edge!

 I would definitely recommend sewing the shirt inside out (unless you want to edge of the fringe to show). 

It's such a perfect way to revamp old dresses and shirts for summer concerts and festivals! In total time it took me about 1/2 hour per shirt. 
Peplum top: $15 + $10 for the fringe 
Dress: $4.00 + $15 for fringe (I messed up so I had to rip out some and redo it! Warning: if you're using fringe be careful! It's hard to rip out and redo).

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Student, writer, artist, lover of food and reading.
Here's my Blog with easy DIY's, outfit inspirations and fashion illustrations! Hope you enjoy!

Follow me on instagram or twitter!
~M